SINAI is a San Francisco-based technology startup focused on transforming the way companies price, analyze, and reduce carbon emissions around the world. We are passionate about technology and the environment, and our mission is to enable companies to meet their carbon reduction targets in the most efficient way possible, transforming the way they interact with their own business, their value chain, and the environment.
We value diversity, innovation, and extraordinary individuals who possess the ability to construct innovative solutions from the ground up. Our ideal candidates are adept at navigating trade-offs to deliver high-value outcomes, skilled in building upon existing tools and systems, proactive, ownership-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As the Senior Manager, People Operations, you will play a pivotal role within our organization, reporting directly to the Director of Operations. This is an individual contributor role with high growth upside and the opportunity to build a team in the next 12 to 18 months. You’ll be responsible for project managing, optimizing, and maintaining our foundational programs to help build an effective, high-performing team and a culture where everyone feels seen, supported, and valued. Joining SINAI means contributing to our mission-driven startup and influencing our future success in a profound way.
- Leadership Coaching: Serve as a consultative partner to leaders across the organization to build and support high-performing teams.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement performance management processes, including goal setting, feedback, and performance reviews. Provide coaching and support to managers in talent development efforts.
- Culture and Engagement: Champion the company's culture and values, driving initiatives to enhance employee engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Employee Relations: Act as a dedicated advocate to employees and leaders, offering guidance on HR matters, conflict resolution, and employee engagement. Foster a positive work environment and promote open communication.
- Benefits and Compensation: Administer employee benefits programs and compensation structures. Review and recommend improvements to total rewards packages to attract and retain top talent.
- Policies and Compliance: Establish and maintain HR policies, procedures, and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Stay updated on labor laws and ensure the company's practices are in line with legal requirements.
- HR Data & Metrics: Establish and track HR metrics to assess the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives. Use data-driven insights to guide decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Talent Acquisition: Assist with the recruitment process for key roles including creating hiring plans, conducting interviews to ensure candidate alignment with company values, collaborating with hiring managers, and ultimately fostering a stellar candidate experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a People Operations role at a high-growth organization. 2+ years experience as a HR Business Partner preferred.
- Experience partnering with leaders to provide expertise across the employee lifecycle (Employee Onboarding/Offboarding, Employee Engagement, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Career Planning, Diversity & Inclusion).
- Proven track record of establishing and managing People Operations programs & processes, managing benefits, and overseeing payroll.
- Passion for making a positive global impact.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, especially in cross-functional teams.
- Analytical mindset with a strong ability to leverage data and metrics to drive people-centric decisions.
- Profound knowledge of legal HR compliance matters.
- Operate with an unwavering sense of ownership and urgency.
- Self-starter mindset, dedicated to excellence, and capable of managing multiple high-priority projects concurrently.
- Undergraduate degree required; HR certifications are preferred.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in People Operations for a global organization.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
- Proficiency with our internal and HR systems: Gusto,15Five, Breezy, Notion, Slack.
What we’ll offer
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to: geographic location, internal equity, skill set, experience and training. This role is also eligible to receive equity, which is not listed in the salary range below.
For this role, the estimated base salary is between $115,000-$150,000. This range is a guideline and representative of skill levels within the role. You should not expect to be at the top of the range unless you have complete mastery in all skills required for this role. The base salary range for this role may be modified.
We offer our team a comprehensive benefits package including equity, healthcare reimbursement, 401k, paid parental leave, unlimited PTO, an end-of-year company shutdown period, quarterly wellness days, work from home reimbursement, and an annual wellness stipend.
SINAI Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.