Want to work on climate change together? SINAI is a San Francisco-based technology startup focused on transforming the way companies price, analyze, and reduce carbon emissions around the world. We are passionate about technology and the environment, and our mission is to enable companies to meet their carbon reduction targets in the most efficient way possible, transforming the way they interact with their own business, their value chain, and the environment. Our first product to market is a decarbonization SaaS platform.
We look for diversity of ideas, talent, and exceptional individuals who are experienced with building new solutions from scratch, are comfortable with making tradeoffs to deliver high-value outcomes, can design on top of existing tools and systems, are proactive, take ownership, and enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Full Time
- Design and implement new backend features within an existing codebase
- Design and implement new backend services from scratch
- Build reusable and extensible code, following test-driven development practices
- Participate in code reviews and collaborative design sessions
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of professional, backend software development experience
- Production experience with Node.js, and GraphQL or REST APIs
- Experience designing complex relational and NoSQL database schemas from scratch
- Experience building synchronous and asynchronous workload systems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Written and verbal proficiency in the English language
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience building SaaS platforms and working within the AWS ecosystem
- Experience building configuration-driven systems
- Experience building data processing pipelines and ETL workflows
- Experience developing within SOC2 security standards
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Passionate about coding; you love to code and you're not shy about it
Commensurate with experience.