SINAI is a San Francisco-based technology startup focused on transforming the way companies price, analyze, and reduce carbon emissions around the world. We are passionate about technology and the environment, and our mission is to enable companies to meet their carbon reduction targets in the most efficient way possible, transforming the way they interact with their own business, their value chain, and the environment.
We value diversity, innovation, and extraordinary individuals who possess the ability to construct innovative solutions from the ground up. Our ideal candidates are adept at navigating trade-offs to deliver high-value outcomes, skilled in building upon existing tools and systems, proactive, ownership-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As a Climate Expert, you will pay a pivotal role in the organization reporting to the Director of Operations, to help build and grow the planet’s leading decarbonization software! You understand climate science, data analytics, and complex processes, and you’re keen to guide our customers along their carbon journey. We are looking for someone with deep knowledge of GHG accounting and global decarbonization opportunities, strong communication skills, and a system builders mindset that can help accelerate SINAI’s growth.
About the Role
- Be responsible for the end-to-end experience of our customers from implementation to adoption to renewals and upsells.
- Work alongside customers to define, design and implement strategies towards their climate journey - from GHG inventories to decarbonization strategies and scenario analysis
- Provide technical support to existing customers, and working cross-functionally with multiple teams in SINAI to drive outcomes leading to systemic impact
- Build customer relationship, be the voice of the customer, and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve our current and future customers to maximize value and retention
- Identify and model applicable decarbonization opportunities for our clients using your understanding of complex, heavy-emitting industries and decarbonization strategy
- Educate the customer on the climate space and collaborate with them to help them achieve their organizational goals
- Share your knowledge internally and continuously enhancing our knowledge base, marketing content and value proposition.
- 5+ years of experience in the Climate Change space (experience with startups is a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in client relationship management (experience with software is a plus)
- Experience and knowledge of Greenhouse Gas Protocol standards and greenhouse gas quantification methodologies.
- Experience in Decarbonization technologies and technical/financial modeling applied to complex business operation and technical industrial processes
- Be informed and have a learner’s mindset about recent releases on climate change topics, specially GHG accounting methodologies and new frameworks (SBTi, TCFD, ISSB) to help improve the product and support our customers.
- Take ownership, strong bias towards action, being creative and resourceful to get the job done and solve our client's toughest challenges
- Enjoy challenges and change, adapting to both quickly without missing a step
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; Results and data-driven mentality
- Desire to grow and are coachable, and are able to receive and implement feedback
- Experience working with G-suite, Excel, and Asana
- Nice to have : Experience working with Notion, Miro, SQL, Metabase and Looker
SINAI Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.