SINAI’s Climate Team is seeking a Climate Analyst to join our fast-paced and rapidly growing team! Reporting to a Senior Climate Expert at SINAI, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the success of customer onboarding and product development, to help build and grow the planet’s leading decarbonization software! You understand climate science, data analytics, and complex processes, and you’re keen to expand your knowledge and share your skills both internally and externally.
To support customer onboarding, management and success, you will be working directly with SINAI’s Senior Climate Experts and Customer Experience team, to help our clients measure, calculate and reduce their GHG emissions.
To support internal product development you will provide inputs on climate models, and assist with new feature development and technical issues. This position requires basic knowledge of GHG accounting and global decarbonization opportunities.
There’s an opportunity to grow this team much further based on demand, so the dynamics of the role might change accordingly. Initially, you’ll be reporting directly to a Senior Climate Expert.
About the Role
Climate Team Tasks / General Support:
- Help build internal emission factor databases and climate models to be integrated into the SINAI product.
- Provide technical support to corporate users of Greenhouse Gas Protocol standards and guidance, including providing advice and answering technical questions on the application of the Corporate Standard, Scope 1 and 2 Guidance, and Scope 3 Standard both internally and externally.
- Provide technical support in the use of Marginal Abatement Cost Curves and other emission reduction strategies.
- Identify and model applicable decarbonization opportunities for our clients using your understanding of complex, heavy-emitting industries and decarbonization strategy.
- Support the Climate Team’s consulting services aimed at meeting our clients sustainability objectives.
- Explore new greenhouse gas accounting topics to determine needs for supplementary GHG Protocol standards or guidance.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams in SINAI to configure the SINAI platform, drive adoption and outcomes leading to ongoing value, and support future product development.
- Share your knowledge internally and externally developing our Internal Knowledge Base and contributing to external reports and other marketing content.
- Stay up-to-date with product knowledge, business flow, sales process, and market dynamic.
- Maintain complete documentation for all activities.
Customer Experience Support:
- Assist in client onboarding offering climate insights and supporting the correct configuration of SINAI’s platform.
- Support clients developing first time Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG Inventories, or compile existing GHG inventories.
- Address customer issues and concerns in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use your climate knowledge to enhance product enhancement, technical features, and in-platform calculations.
- Collaborate with the engineering and development team to set up, configure and test our software platform, and troubleshoot technical issues raised.
- 3+ years of experience in the Climate Change space (experience with startups is a plus)
- Experience and knowledge of Greenhouse Gas Protocol standards and greenhouse gas quantification methodologies.
- Good understanding of complex business operations and technical industrial processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done and solve our client's toughest challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Flexible, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Results and data-driven mentality.